In this weeks' WoW
• Niklas and Catherine Zennstrom's RAN Racing TP 52 wins the Audi Sailing Week in Sardinia in the 52 Super Series. Congrats guys to you and your great crew,
• In Bermuda the highlight this week was the fabulous SuperYacht Regatta.
• J Class and beautiful huge sail boats raced in a series that took our breath away. Look at these fantastic examples of the sport of sailing for sailors and yachts. You will enjoy this regatta.
• Meanwhile another institution the Storm Sailing Club conducted their Block Island Race Week in light and changeable conditions,
• for foilers we look at the making of Oracle Team USA,
• celebrating 100 years of the TranSat the French go all out and stage a race between the Super-liner Queen Mary 2 and four French MAD 70 Maxi Trimarans. A slow start but at our upload time the Tris were neck and neck with the liner. Keep watching the WoW next week for the finish in New York.
• And we finish with a tribute and an apology. Emirates Team New Zealand think outside the box and they built a 50 foot foiling catamaran that blitzed the US defender in the 35th Americas Cup in Bermuda. Down one point as the defender collected a bonus point in a farcical buildup series that included the defender with the challengers. (huh?) the young Kiwi team won 8:1 to take the "Old Mug" back to the Southern Hemisphere. Not signing the ongoing agreement the ETNZ team can now dictate whatever bats they desire all in the tradition of the original AC Deed Of Gift.
• Now the apology. We uploaded 20 Americas Cup reports which were watched over 750,000 times by early June. We included as a filler a "Helmsman" Press Conference and the Americas Cup Organization hit us with a "Copyright Strike" and globally blocked a "World on Water" programme. Now the footage was streamed by the AC people live on YouTube. So we stopped using any of their footage hence our lack of coverage after that date. For this we apologies to all our followers.
Phew the sport of sailing gets no better than this in the World on Water.